Mobile phones make our lives very practical, whether it’s accessing something on the internet, calling someone or saving photos of important moments. But, just like any other type of data, these photos also run the risk of being deleted from the device and generating a certain amount of stress when trying to recover them.
So that this kind of situation doesn’t happen to you, Bot has put together this text to show you step by step how to recover deleted photos. So if you want to know how to recover photos from your Android, iPhone or Google Photos, read on and find out more.
Please note: the procedures mentioned here do not guarantee 100% recovery of the images and photos you may have deleted. Therefore, in cases of loss of important data, the best course of action is to look for a professional data recovery company, such as Bot, so that the process is safe and the results are more efficient.
Is it possible to recover deleted photos from the recycle bin?
You know that moment when your phone runs out of memory and you need to delete photos and videos from the gallery to free up some space? Well, sometimes you delete a file you shouldn’t have.
In cases like this, recovery can be done simply and quickly because, just like computers, mobile devices have a recycle bin in their system where all deleted files go.
Look for the recycle bin in your gallery settings and search among the items for the one you want to restore. When you find it, select it and choose the option to restore it.
If you haven’t found what you’re looking for, it’s time to go the other way – using specialized photo recovery tools. Whether it’s your Android mobile device or your iPhone, there are a few methods that might work for you一 and we’ll explain everything below.
How to recover deleted photos from Android?
For Android users, downloading an external application to recover deleted photos is essential for the task to be carried out.
Here are some ways to do it.
Desktop file recovery software
As we’ve already explained on our website, there are various services that help you recover files that have been lost or damaged. In the case of mobile phones, this is also possible 一 even if you want to do it from your desktop.
To do this, download the Android Recovery program and install it on your Windows device. Then connect your phone via USB cable and wait a moment for the software to automatically recognize your folders and start searching for deleted files. Finally, select the images you want to recover and you’re done!
Mobile photo recovery apps
Another option available to anyone who wants to recover deleted photos from their phone is to download an application specifically for the job.
There are currently several programs available, such as DiskDigger and DigDeep. We’ll talk about them later in this article.
Synchronize your photos with Google Photos
This third option is actually a form of prevention.
On Android devices, you can enable the automatic copying of your photos to Google Photos. By enabling the feature, you guarantee that your files will be safe in the Google cloud, allowing you to access them from anywhere.
How do I recover deleted photos from my iPhone?
Just as it’s possible to recover deleted photos on Android, it’s also possible on an iPhone.
When a photo is deleted from the phone’s gallery, the operating system automatically sends it to the “Deleted” folder, which basically works like a recycle bin. There, you can access all the images that have been deleted within a 30-day period.
To restore the ones you need, follow these steps:
- Open the “Photos” application;
- Under “Albums”, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the “Deleted” folder;
- Select the photos you want to restore and click on “Recover”;
- To confirm the action, tap the “Recover photo” button.
After that, the photos you selected will return to your gallery.
If the deleted photo you were looking for isn’t in the “Deleted” folder, don’t despair. There’s another way to recover it: via iCloud backup.
Backing up is easy. Just follow 5 steps:
- First of all, make a backup of your phone;
- Then open the “Settings” application, then “General” and finally “Erase Content and Settings”;
- Enter your device’s access code and confirm the action;
- When you do this, all your data will be erased and, when your phone turns on again, you’ll see the “Hello” screen and choose the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option;
- Log in to your iCloud account and select the backup containing the photo you need.
If you’ve never made a backup on your iPhone, unfortunately this option won’t work.
How do I recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos?
When you delete a photo in Google Photos, it remains in the application’s recycle bin for 60 days. So, if you’ve deleted something within that period, it’s possible to recover it.
- Log in to Google Photos;
- Go to the application menu (represented by three horizontal stripes);
- Look for Recycle Bin;
- In the middle of the deleted photos, look for the ones you want to recover and, when you find them, select them;
- Tap the “Restore” button;
- Finally, tap the “Back” button.
As with the 30-day deadline on iOS, if the Google Photos deadline is exceeded, you won’t be able to recover the image you’re looking for 一 unless you’ve made an Android backup.
What is the best application for recovering deleted photos from your phone?
As we’ve already mentioned, recovering deleted photos on cell phones is very easy and simple, as there are different external applications to help with this 一 but only for Android.
For those with an iPhone, the only way to recover deleted photos on iOS is through the system itself or through iCloud, as we explained earlier. For Android users, there are many apps available in the Play Store.
We’ve put together a few for you.!
An application that works to recover deleted photos from the phone’s internal memory or memory card, DiskDigger can recover files even after the system has been formatted.
There are two ways to use the function:
- The first uses root access. In this way, the application scans the entire memory of the device looking for the images it is trying to recover.
- When you don’t have root access, this scan is more limited, and the search is made only in the temporary memory and thumbnails.
DiskDigger has a paid version, which allows you to restore files as well as images.
Well known among Android users who have ever needed to recover a deleted photo, DigDeep is an application that also recovers deleted photos from a mobile device by searching the device’s internal memory and memory card.
To perform the recovery, just do the following:
- Start the application and wait while it scans the data in the folders;
- When the search is complete, view the results found in a folder that will be created;
- Check which images you want to recover and restore them.
Much like the other two applications, Undeleter can recover files that have been deleted from your phone’s internal storage.
For it to work most effectively, you need to allow the app to use root access. Otherwise, the search is only done in application caches.
In addition to the image extensions themselves, Undeleter also recovers EPUB, MP3, PDF and BMP files.
With Dumpster Recycle Bin, you can prevent accidents when you accidentally delete something. This is because the application only recovers files deleted after installation, as it saves deleted images and videos just to be recovered later.
Another application capable of recovering deleted photos from your phone’s gallery, Photo Recovery searches the system for these files in an advanced way and uploads them to a separate folder.
Like DiskDigger, you can use the app in two ways, the difference being the type of algorithm that scans the phone or memory card.
How to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp?
If you’re someone who prefers to store your images inside WhatsApp, you should know that there’s a good chance you’ll lose them, since they’re linked to folders on your device.
However, there are some ways to recover these images if you lose them. See below.
Ask the person who sent you the photo
When you delete a message on WhatsApp, there are two options: “Delete for me” and “Delete for everyone”.
If you’ve chosen the first option, recovering the image is easier, just ask the person to forward the file to you again. Now, if you chose the other option, the only way to recover the image is if the other person shared the file with a third party before deleting it.
Make a backup
Just as it’s possible to recover deleted photos from a cell phone using a system backup, you can also do this on WhatsApp, you just need to have this feature activated in the application.
To make the backup, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Menu”, then go to “Settings”, then “Chats” and finally “Chat Backup”;
- When you enter this last screen, you will see the date of the most recent backup. Check that it matches the photo you want to recover and carry out the procedure;
- If the file was deleted before the last backup, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your phone. Once you have confirmed your number, a message restore prompt will appear. Click on “Restore” and you’re done.
View the WhatsApp folder on the device
A mobile device has several folders in its system. So when you can’t find an image you’ve deleted on WhatsApp, it may be in the folder corresponding to the application.
Here’s how to find that folder and recover the deleted photo.
No external applications
To do the task without applications, do the following:
- Go to the “Files” folder on your phone;
- Select a subfolder named “Gallery”, “Images” or “Photos”;
- Inside, there will be a folder called “WhatsApp”;
- Check the contents and see if the photo you’re looking for is there.
With external applications
If you prefer to use a file manager application to help you with this, follow the steps below:
- Download the application of your choice (one suggestion is ASTRO File Manager);
- Then go to “Internal Storage”, then “WhatsApp” and “Media”;
- This will give you access to the folders for each type of file supported by WhatsApp, such as images, videos and audios.
How can Bot help?
A multinational leader in data recovery, Bot is a company that has been doing an excellent job when it comes to the subject for 11 years.
With a presence in 2 countries, the company has dozens of locations in the largest cities in Brazil and Portugal to make sending devices even more convenient for its customers.
You can recover deleted photos with Bot in 4 steps:
- Request free collection of the device or hand it in at the reception of one of our units;
- Choose the type of quote you prefer: free (48 hours), priority (24 hours) or urgent (12 hours);
- Normal or urgent data recovery work;
- Receive your device back free of charge.
Throughout our history, we have solved more than 60,000 cases, with 99% of our clients satisfied with the outcome and 95% of our cases being successful.
The next case could be yours!
After reading this text, it’s much easier to understand how to recover deleted photos from your phone, isn’t it? We’re sure you’ll be able to solve the problem in a matter of minutes.
However, if your problem is more complex, don’t hesitate to ask for our help. Bot can be reached 24 hours a day on the following numbers: +55 31 99408 1000 (Brazil) and +351 932 455 377 (Portugal).
To check the address of our units, click here.