If you have any doubts about how to recover a Hitachi external disk, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve put together a complete guide so that you understand what can cause data loss and how to recover it correctly and safely. Let’s go?
We know that one of the biggest fears of those who use external storage devices is losing all the information they have stored, but just like any electronic device, they can fail and put the stored data at risk.
Hitachi is not such a popular brand when it comes to storage disks. There are other brands – such as Seagate, Adata, Sandisk, Toshiba and Samsung – that are more widely used today, however, it is important in the market and, if you have one, you know that the device has a lot of quality.
So, if you have a Hitachi external disk and you can’t access the files stored on it, in this article you’ll find out how to recover it and get all your information back. Stay with us!
What can cause data loss on a Hitachi external disk?
In fact, regardless of the brand, data loss from an external DISK can occur for a number of reasons. There are a number of reasons, errors and attitudes – or even a combination of them – that can damage the device.
To help you identify what may have affected your device, we’ve selected the most common causes of errors on an external DISK:
- Virus attacks: Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for computers to be attacked by viruses, and if there is no good antivirus to detect and clean them, they continue to act. So when the DISK is connected to an infected machine, the chances of it being hit are very high.
- Improper removal: This is another very common cause of data loss. After using the device, it is extremely important that the user clicks “eject” so that the DISK can be safely removed. Unexpected removal can cause serious damage to the device.
- Errors and failures: Normally, errors and failures are unpredictable and have no specific causes, but the good news is that, although the list of possibilities is long, it is possible to correct external disk errors without losing the stored data.
- Mechanical failures: Also very common in DISKs, mechanical failures are those that occur in the physical part of the device, which works mechanically. The symptoms are easier to identify, but this type of problem ends up hindering the process of non-professional data recovery.
- Accidents and unforeseen events: Finally, we can’t fail to mention problems caused by the user themselves, even if they are unintentional. Some devices can be damaged – and consequently lose data – after being dropped, wet, damp or exposed to extreme temperatures.
How do I repair a Hitachi external disk?
If you have a device of this model, you should know that it is possible to recover a Hitachi external DISK with a few simple steps.
But it is important that you pay close attention when carrying them out and, if you can, hire a professional to do the process for you. This way, you’ll avoid major damage or losing your data permanently.
Here are 3 ways to repair your Hitachi DISK!
Check the cable and USB ports for problems
Sometimes the problem isn’t necessarily with the Hitachi external DISK, but with the USB cable used to connect it to the device or even with the USB inputs, both on the external DISK itself and on the device it will be used with (computer, notebook, tablet, cell phone and video game console, for example).
The first tip is to try connecting the device to a different USB port. If that still doesn’t work, try changing the cable to see if the files can be read and opened normally.
And if that doesn’t work, try changing the USB cable and testing again on other devices.
Finally, if none of these tips work, then the problem probably isn’t with the USB ports or the cable.
Update the drivers
If the first alternative doesn’t work, you can update your computer’s drivers and see if that’s the problem. It’s a basic solution, but it can work very well in these cases:
- Look for “Device Manager” in the Windows search engine;
- Select the “Disk drive” item at the bottom of the list;
- Identify your external DISK, right-click on it and press “Update driver”;
- Finally, wait for the update process to finish and try using your device again.
Fix file system errors
Another possibility is to correct DISK errors. It’s not a complex task and the operating system itself allows you to do this. If this is the case, your data can be accessed again.
The process is quite simple:
- Enter your computer’s “File Explorer”;
- Identify the disk of your Hitachi external DISK and press the right mouse button;
- Click on “Properties” and then “Tools”;
- Finally, in the “Error checking” tab, press “Check” and wait for the process to finish.
How do I recover a Hitachi external disk?
If, even after trying all the options, you still can’t recover the data from your DISK, it’s time to look for a qualified specialist to solve the problem.
Nowadays it’s not difficult to find companies that provide this service in a simple and safe way, such as Bot Recuperação de Dados.
We therefore recommend that you don’t try “magic” solutions or follow tutorials from dubious websites. Contact a professional as soon as possible to avoid causing more serious problems with your disk.
Tips for recovering a Hitachi external disk
But before you send it to the professional, you can follow a few tips that will make it easier to recover your data and prevent further damage to your Hitachi external DISK.
Here are a few recommendations to help with the process:
- Have you identified a problem with the data on your Hitachi external DISK? Stop using it immediately so as not to hinder file recovery;
- Avoid storing any files on the device, especially on the same partition where the data is inaccessible;
- Never use recovery programs that are not designed for your operating system. There are specific alternatives for both Windows and macOS;
- If you do recover some of the data, save it elsewhere, never on the same partition.
Because they are mechanical devices, it is common for external disks to show errors when displaying data. So don’t worry, it’s a problem that can be solved. It’s unlikely that you’ll lose your files permanently with professional help.
However, we can’t stress enough the importance of hiring a reliable and experienced data recovery company to take care of your device.
With over 100,000 cases solved, we can guarantee that Bot Data Recovery can help! We have been doing professional recovery for over a decade and have recovered information from different devices.
In four quick and secure steps, your data will be saved and will soon be accessible to you. Do you have any questions? Talk to one of our experts and solve your problem as easily as possible!